AndreaPlanet.com - My door always open to you * Login  * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:22 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:08 pm 
Fan

I want to propose an alternative way to arrange the tiles.
At the moment, as a first step, the user has to chose the ratio of the tiles. This means that all tiles will be cropped that are not of this exact ratio.
This is a problem for everybody who crops his pictures to the perfect size or for people who have used different cameras (with different file ratios) over the years.

Therefore, I'd like to see this alternative way of arranging the tiles implemented, which not only solves the problem of cropped tiles but which also provides irregular tile patterns (a first for AndreaMosaic, and presumably much easier to implement than a true chaos pattern):

Give us the option "Uncropped" in the dialog where we chose the ratio.
In the main program, in the patterns, provide two new entrys: "fixed column width" and "fixed row height".
They should work like this:

For "fixed column width":
All tiles are resized in a way that they have the defined width to fit into the columns. There's no difference made between landscape- and portrait-oriented tiles.
If the width is an inch, a portrait-oriented tile would end up like one inch wide and one point five inches high. A panorama tile might end up like one inch wide and one third inch high.

For "fixed row height":
All tiles are resized in a way that they have the defined height to fit into the rows. There's no difference made between landscape- and portrait-oriented tiles.
If the heigth is an inch, a portrait-oriented tile would end up like two third inches wide and one inch high. A panorama tile might end up like three inches wide and one inch high.

As a result, not a single tile is cropped and you get either tiles of variable height within columns of fixed width or you get tiles of variable width within rows or fixed height.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:40 pm 
Site Admin

Thank you for the suggestion. This feature will be implemented in a future release, not soon. The problem with the actual code is that I need to have the defined tile layout BEFORE choosing the position of each tile. The algorithm to implement this has to be changed a lot unfortunately, else I would have done this already.