AndreaPlanet.com - My door always open to you * Login  * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:11 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 2:11 pm 
I have 196 pictures (all jpg) in a folder. When I try to create a collection of that folder it loads only 76 images into the collection to use. Does changing the parameter settings make a difference in the number of images found in the collection? Any ideas?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 4:04 am 
Site Admin

The program should read all images.
Does all images have extension ".jpg"?
Please can you send me one of the images that are not read to denzler at usa dot net?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 11:09 am 
Andrea wrote:
The program should read all images.
Does all images have extension ".jpg"?
Please can you send me one of the images that are not read to denzler at usa dot net?

Yes all the images are jpeg files with *.jpg extensions. I will send you one of the images that isn't read. I assume the only way to know if a jpg image is not read is if i create a mosaic from that very same collection and see which images isn't being used?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 2:02 pm 
Site Admin

the program try to use the best possible images. So it doesnt use all images especially if you have more images in the collection than in the mosaic. if you want that many images are used then use a high value for the distance between duplicated tiles.

if you want to see if it read a image then try to make a mosaic of it, if it works then the image is read successfully.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:15 pm 
The thing is that the first step is to create the collection. If I have a folder full of jpg images, shouldn't the program find/read all of them? But I guess in my case it does not read all of them. In fact it doesn't read a lot of them because the folder contains 180 jpg images and the collection read 66 images. Way much fewer. I really want to use all the images i have in that folder. There doesn't seem to be a solution. I sent you one of the pic and you said you were able to make a mosaic out of it, but the important to notice is that you were able to read that image into your collection where as I am not able to. Any more suggestions?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2005 5:12 pm 
Ok. I got it to work. Not sure why I needed to do this at all, but it worked after I resaved each jpg image. Not with the same name either. For some reason it still would read my jpg if I were to just open it in paint and save over it. I needed to rename the file so I just added a dash in front of the file name for each image. Updated the collection and it worked. Thanks for the comments tho Andrea!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2005 3:27 pm 
Site Admin

:)