AndreaPlanet.com - My door always open to you * Login  * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:13 am 

Hi Andrea,

I just created a mosaic of mine using friends as source images. Since all people should find themselves and I didn't want to have duplicates, I copied my tiles into a folder and selected an aspect ratio for the destination picture, in which all tiles should have space without any duplicates.

After rendering, I had to find out, that a tile was missing (black square 8) ). I recalculated the amount of tiles, but had to find out, that the program just forgot one tile of the image list. You can easily reproduce this by making a list of 4 images and render a 2x2 image without duplicates. At least I did that with the square version.

Anyway, I added another tile as a workaround and created my mosaic. I don't know, who of my friends is missing now, but I hope, he will never find it out :oops:

Thanks for a great program.
Helmut

BTW, here is the result: http://urlaub.hoenivision.de/powerslide/mosaic/helmut.htm.

( :idea: It would be great to have more control on the destination region of the image. E.g. one could select columns and rows of tiles and the program could crop the image to match the resulting aspect ratio. Currently the program selects the number of rows itself and produces partial rows or colums of images, if the aspects don't fit. Especially when working with the border value, aspects rarely match.)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:22 am 
Site Admin

i think with the latest versions you choose the number of columns, then the program calculate the number of rows based on the aspect ratio of the tiles and the original image.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:39 pm 

That's right. I just wanted to show the following. For example:

If you got 4:3 images and want to have 10 tiles per row with a width of 20 pixels per tile and a "black line" of 4 pixel between them.

The program computes the tilesize of 20x15 and 100 tiles (10 columns and 10 rows). Due to the "black line", the resulting image size would have to be
8O width: 20 pixels * 10 colums + 4 pixels * 9 black columns = 236
8O height: 15 pixels * 10 rows + 4 pixels * 9 black rows = 185

Since this is not the 4:3 aspect anymore, the last row of tiles will get cropped by 8 pixels to get an resulting size of 236x177.

In a large mosaic, nobody would care about the partial row at the bottom, but on my tiny one, it was disturbing and therefore I cropped it off again :( . Now I am back at the beginning where I actually wanted to use every tile exactly once and would have preferred to get the 236x185 image in any case.

Ok, probably I am a bit nitpicking :wink:

Greetings and thanx
Helmut