AndreaPlanet.com - My door always open to you * Login  * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: BLACK MOSAICS
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:36 pm 
Fan

I have created several photo collections, ranging from 35,000-40,000 pictures. Each time I have done it, I get different file extensions; one was ".aM4;" one was ".amc;" and one was ".amn." Am I doing something incorrect?

The problem is that with all of them, when I add an image to create a mosaic, all I get is a black screen. Please do not tell me to read the tuturioal, which I have done 3 times, and read all of the questions in the Forum. I still can't figure out what I am doing incorrectly. Any guidance will be much appreciated!

Thank you.

Post subject: Re: BLACK MOSAICS
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:49 pm 
Site Admin

The different file extensions are for the different AndreaMosaic versions (different aspect ratios of the tiles).

When you create/load the collection do you get the right number of images near the "Find Tiles..." button? Something like "Your collection contains 35000 tiles".

Use a lower value for the distance between duplicated tiles, a value of 2 is ok, but if you really have 35000 tiles you should have no problem even if you use unique tiles. Send me a screenshot of your parameters or post them here.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:01 pm 
Fan

Thanks much!!! In other words, all of the collections should be good, right? Is there any way to show you my parameters other than doing a picture of the screen?

By the way, I love the program---once I get it to work regularly, I may never leave my computer because I am so fascinated with the program!!!

THANKS!!!

P.S. : What additional features does the professional program have?

Twigster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:03 pm 
Site Admin

Yes, the collection file extension is correct.

About the limits:
Standard version maximum values: 200 megapixels, 30,000 tiles in the mosaic, 100,000 tiles in the image collection.
Professional version maximum values: 8000 megapixels, 500,000 tiles in the mosaic, 500,000 tiles in the image collection.

But the new release I am working on has new features, and even the capability to create giant mosaics of many gigapixels.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:24 am 
Fan

[b]STILL[b] Black....

I tried again last night. The only collection that the program recognizes when I open up my loaded collections is the .am4 file extention. I have three other collections saved that have .AMC and .AMN extensions that the program "created," but doesn't seem to regonize when I try to open them. Issue #1.

Issue #2 is the mosaic. I loaded the .am4 file that has over 40,000 images. Width=5000; number of tiles/row=40 (I started with 50, but got a message that I need to reduce a parameter because the result would have too many pixels); width of tile=50 (lower end of suggested); 0=black line; minimum distance between duplicates=2; 0=unlimited duplication of tile; 10=modification of tile; flip horizontal=algorithim; output option=90; web page width=750. RESULT: BLACK IMAGE??? Your advice will be much appreciated.

Once I get this down, and can use it regularly, the new program sounds like DYNAMITE! I cannot wait!!!

THANKS MUCH!!! Have a great day!

Twigster

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:54 pm 
Site Admin

Issue nr.1:
it is correct. Open the other program versions to reconize the other extensions, see Start --> Programs --> AndreaMosaic for the variants.

Issue nr.2:
- How many tiles does AndreaMosaic report in the Top label near the "Find Tiles" button?
- Don't set Width of the tile parameter. You don't need it since you choose Width of the Mosaic already.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:21 am 
Fan

I THINK that I have it figured out. I uninstalled it and reinstalled, and it is working like a charm---so far. I will let you know how things go.

Please keep me posted on the new "MEGA" program. Does it make sense to buy the "Pro" program with the new one coming soon?

Thanks much!!!

Twigster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:51 pm 
Site Admin

You can make a donation if you want to support the development.
You will get some benefits for any amount of donation.
If you donate enough to get the Pro version then you will get also any future Pro version...

It's up to you :)