AndreaPlanet.com - My door always open to you * Login  * FAQ    * Search
It is currently Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Brand New User!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:56 pm 
Fan

:lol:
Hi Andrea!

Thank you for this software! Allow me to introduce myself... I am a event video producer in Boston, MA... Mostly I create photomontages to be shown at events such as weddings, anniversary parties, etc. I saw your software used at WEVA expo last year, in a photomontage and it was amazing! Anyway I am just now getting around to trying it...

I would like your suggestions on how to help me create my library of stock photos. The ultimate use for this will be in photomontages - probably a headshot of the subject will be my matrix... I will then use Imaginate 2.0 (I hope) to pull out of one image and show that it is actually a mosiac....

What type of stock images should I have? Landscapes, tight shots of flowers, etc.... Any suggestion you might have on this would be most appreciated!

Post subject: Re: Brand New User!
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:50 pm 
Site Admin

Hello,

you can use any kind of stock image. In your case for the best results use images extracted directly from the videos. For example you make a video of a marriage, then you make a mosaic using for the tiles the video itself. AndreaMosaic have a function to extract tiles from video. Of course everytime you have to work a while for creating the stock images but the customer will appreciate it much. You can offer three kind of services:

* the basic one just a mosaic with generic images (maybe create different stock images nature, city, cars, etc) and let user choose what collection to use

* the extended one: for the stock images use photos acquired via a digital camera + usb connection. It take you few minutes to have the JPG images. I will soon add an option for mix personal images and stock images in the collection.

* the maximum: you extract the tiles from a video.

Note: you don't need high resolution images, a width/height of 300 pixels is enough for most cases. And the program will be much faster.

byeee
Andrea

Post subject: A couple Questions
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:15 pm 
Fan

Thank you for all that! Typically for a project I am using about 100-150 photos (already jpgs in my computer in order to create photomontage)
So they are all stills - do you think I should be using those images as my stock images for that particular job? I think that's what is right...? is it ok to use only 100 photos for a multiple hundred mosaic?
How many tiles do you suggest I use in order to best start on one tile and pan out for full mosaic view?

Thank you in advance for this help! I'm sure I will have many more questions once I work with this more!

Post subject: Re: A couple Questions
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 4:21 am 
Site Admin

The good part of my program is that it's quite fast for generating mosaics. So just play with the different parameters of the program. Try to raise the distance between duplicated tiles. Higher values will avoid duplication but will produce mosaics with lower quality.

More images you have in your stock better results you will gain. In the examples on my web site I use a stock collection of 20.000 nature photos.
It is quite easy to get a lot of images today. 8 years ago I bhought the CD-Roms from IMSI and Corel (at that time I had some problems for extracting the images from the Corel CD-ROM).

The number of tiles in the mosaic depend on how big will be the print of the mosaic. Just be sure that every tile will have at least a size of 1/2" (1.2 cm). Of course with only 150 images in the stock you need many tiles.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 10:11 am 
Fan

Thank you! I will keep all of this in mind!!!
Much appreciated! :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]